When Manlius dedicated a new Municipal Building in October 1941, the brick structure housed the village office, the library, the fire department and police force with the public works on the lower level at the rear. The building, at the junction of Washington and Seneca St., replaced the Presbyterian church that had been on the property since 1816. The seraph that had topped the church was saved by the Manlius village clerk, Dee Smith, and put on top of the new building. After the Village Centre was created in the former Manlius Elementary school near the Swan Pond, the building on Washington St. was sold in 1982 for $250,000. Remodeled for offices and landscaped, it was owned by King and King Architects and a portion was rented to DeWitt Real Estate.